Nurse Manager to be based in Antrim Care Home.
Purpose: To support the business objectives of the company, and will be responsible for all management aspects of the home, delivering the highest standard of care to residents. You will be responsible for both the clinical and all administrative aspects of the running of the home, including supervising nurses and addressing the concerns of patients and their families.
Key Requirements: You will have a proven track record of managing in the health and/or social care sector at a senior level.
- Identify patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport
- Identify and carry out pre-assessments for future patients
- Act in accordance with NMC code of professional conduct and to ensure that highest standard of appropriate care is provided always with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- To assure quality of care by developing and interpreting nursing philosophies and standards of care;
- enforcing adherence to NMC Code of Conduct, The Nursing & Residential Homes Act and the Nursing Home Standards and to other governing agency regulations measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Ensure that the home is strictly compliant with RQIA regulations,
- Ensure that the home maintains its excellent Occupancy levels.
- Ensure all clinical records are up to date and compliant
- To provide high quality nursing care using a Person-Centred Care Approach.
- Be sensitive to the changing and on-going needs of residents, relatives and other carers.
- Completes patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning nursing and care staff ensuring high standards are developed and maintained.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families
- Promote patient independence as appropriate
- Provides information to patients and health care team & by facilitating regular meetings and maintaining clear robust recores of such meetings
- Resolves patient needs by involving multidisciplinary teams
- Maintains safe and clean working environment and work within the Health & Safety Framework.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing safe medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations & vigilant record keeping
- Ensure compliance with safeguarding policies and procedures following regional and local safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To lead and work alongside Deputy Manager in efficient running of the home
- Ensure all nursing and care staff are registered on the live register with the NMC and NISCC
- Ensure all staff are Access NI Cleared
- Ensure all staff have correct authority and legal right to work in Northern Ireland and paperwork is in place to support this
- Carry out all pre-employment checks including references prior to staff arriving on site
- To ensure that staffing levels are always maintained to the levels required to ensuring the safety of residents and that they are adjusted as appropriate to meet the needs of the residents
- All aspects of the day to day running of the home, ensure a uniformly high standard of resident care and nursing practice is achieved.
- Supervise the correct procedures with regard to complaints, incidents, accidents, nursing procedures and care of the dying in accordance with the Policy Manual
- Ensure that all staff are trained and delivering high standards across the spectrum to include all medical staff, carers, domestics, kitchen staff and maintenance.
- Ensure all staff deliver a high level of performance and manage underperformance by liaising with Human Resources
- Ensures compliance with all medical equipment
- Carry out regular audits on all equipment and identify trends, usage and efficiencies. Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure all financial and budget controls have been considered.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing reports for finance, scheduling expenditure, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Identify & raise amendments to nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures along with the senior management team and participate in policies & procedures review meeting
- Maintains standards by initiating and coordinating; supervision & appraisal, and HR policies and procedures
- Maintains staff by recruiting selecting, inducting and training all staff
- Maintain a professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks
- Keep up to date with new developments in nursing care, treatments and research
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods
- Use opportunities to develop, promote and raise the profile of the home through various opportunities, e.g. organised conferences, networking and lobbying local government trust staff & the local community
- RMN/RGN (1st Level Nurse) with at least 3 years post qualifying experience, 2 years of which should have been at manager level.
- You must have a full driving licence, be entitled to drive and have access to a car
- Experience of working with older/elderly or dementia patients or a similar speciality
- Already the holder of or prepared to attain Level 5 Diploma Leadership & Management
- Management experience, with a full understanding of Care Standards and National Minimum Standards for older people, The Nursing Home Act 2005; Care Standards for Nursing Homes
- commitment to a holistic approach to nursing care is essential
- Good IT Skills
Desirable but not essential
- Over 5 years nursing experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience working in Nursing or Residential Homes
- Be familiar with the Epicare Care Plan System
- Train the Trainer assisting in the delivery of in-house training
- Ability to identify training gaps for staff
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Business Focus
How to Apply
To apply, click here