Drummaul House currently require 3 Housekeepers. The following hours are available;
- 19 Hours per Week (Part Time)
- 36.25 Hours Per Week (Full Time)- Two positions
Pay Rate- £8.91 per hour
The role of general housekeeper embraces the roles of cleaning and laundry duties. The job purpose will therefore be to ensure that every resident receives a personalised laundry service within a clean homely hygienic environment.
Daily Domestic Duties
- Cleaning of all floor areas, toilets, toilet areas, baths, sinks, wash hand basins, commodes and sluices. Replace towels, soap and toilet rolls` as required.
- Windows and glass surfaces to be kept clean.
- All furniture to be dusted including beds, wardrobes, bedside chest cabinets, ledges, doors including frames and skirting boards.
- Empty and clean all bins and surrounding area.
Other than the aforementioned daily duties a weekly cleaning rota will be compiled and displayed.
- Ensure that all equipment is used properly and report any problems immediately to the Nurse Manager/Nurse in Charge.
- Use the correct washing powder and fabric softener.
- Ensuring segregation of all laundry prior to washing.
- Uniform must be worn at all times and gloves during segregation of laundry.
- Load the washer and dryers safely do not overload.
- Items of pure wool must not be washed in the machines.
- Ensure that all boxes for personal laundry are properly labelled.
- Laundry bins, etc. to be kept clean and in an orderly fashion.
- Report all complaints to the Nurse Manager or Nurse in Charge
- Read company policies and procedures, be aware of their contents and act accordingly.
- Ensure accidents or incidents are reported immediately to the nurse in charge and recorded in the accident incident book for all staff accidents.
- Ensure safekeeping of residents and patients belongings and valuables in accordance with the policy of the Home.
- Deal courteously at all times with the relatives and visitors of residents and patients.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Help maintain a safe environment in accordance with Health & Safety Legislation.
- Project and promote a professional, efficient and caring company image at all times.
- Attend fire drill and any other appropriate training. Ensure that you and all staff are familiar with fire procedures and fire evacuation.
- Support staff undergoing their induction programme.
- Take part in staff meetings
- Ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to prevent accidents, and ensure the safety of residents, relatives, visitors and staff.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the company and personal duties and responsibilities, with good work habits and a willingness to put forth-extra effort when the situation arises.
- Promote good housekeeping and prevent neglect of furnishings, fitments and equipment thereby ensuring an efficient and well-managed area of care.
- Practice due economy in the use of resources.
- Show interest in updating job skills.
- The performance of any other duties and responsibilities which may be required from time to time to fulfil the requirements of the role within the centre.
Apply using our online application form here