The following homes currently require housekeepers
- Massereene Manor, Antrim
- Antrim Care Home, Antrim
- Drummaul House, Randalstown- 19.5 Hours per week
- Glenkeen, Randalstown
Pay Rate- £8.91 per hour
The role of general housekeeper embraces the roles of cleaning and laundry duties. The job purpose will therefore be to ensure that every resident receives a personalised laundry service within a clean homely hygienic environment.
Daily Domestic Duties
- Cleaning of all floor areas, toilets, toilet areas, baths, sinks, wash hand basins, commodes and sluices. Replace towels, soap and toilet rolls` as required.
- Windows and glass surfaces to be kept clean.
- All furniture to be dusted including beds, wardrobes, bedside chest cabinets, ledges, doors including frames and skirting boards.
- Empty and clean all bins and surrounding area.
Other than the aforementioned daily duties a weekly cleaning rota will be compiled and displayed.
- Ensure that all equipment is used properly and report any problems immediately to the Nurse Manager/Nurse in Charge.
- Use the correct washing powder and fabric softener.
- Ensuring segregation of all laundry prior to washing.
- Uniform must be worn at all times and gloves during segregation of laundry.
- Load the washer and dryers safely do not overload.
- Items of pure wool must not be washed in the machines.
- Ensure that all boxes for personal laundry are properly labelled.
- Laundry bins, etc. to be kept clean and in an orderly fashion.
- Report all complaints to the Nurse Manager or Nurse in Charge
- Read company policies and procedures, be aware of their contents and act accordingly.
- Ensure accidents or incidents are reported immediately to the nurse in charge and recorded in the accident incident book for all staff accidents.
- Ensure safekeeping of residents and patients belongings and valuables in accordance with the policy of the Home.
- Deal courteously at all times with the relatives and visitors of residents and patients.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Help maintain a safe environment in accordance with Health & Safety Legislation.
- Project and promote a professional, efficient and caring company image at all times.
- Attend fire drill and any other appropriate training. Ensure that you and all staff are familiar with fire procedures and fire evacuation.
- Support staff undergoing their induction programme.
- Take part in staff meetings
- Ensure all reasonable precautions are taken to prevent accidents, and ensure the safety of residents, relatives, visitors and staff.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the company and personal duties and responsibilities, with good work habits and a willingness to put forth-extra effort when the situation arises.
- Promote good housekeeping and prevent neglect of furnishings, fitments and equipment thereby ensuring an efficient and well-managed area of care.
- Practice due economy in the use of resources.
- Show interest in updating job skills.
- The performance of any other duties and responsibilities which may be required from time to time to fulfil the requirements of the role within the centre.