We currently have a Catering Assistant position available in Glenkeen House.
If you are interested in the role you can download an application form at the bottom of this job post and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which home/town you would prefer. Alternatively, you can print out your application and leave it into Glenkeen House or Antrim Care Home.
Rate of Pay- £8.72
To assist in organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Assist in the serving of meals.
- Prepare vegetables and peel potatoes
- Preparation of meals as required by Cook
- Setting tables for meals
- Setting up tea trolley/trays as required
- Clean the dinning room giving care and attention and detail
- Participate in Staff and Client meetings as required.
8. Completes daily menu choices.
9. Record meals on Menu Board
Training & Development:
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety;
12. Wash up after meals. Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively.
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice in the home.
18. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
21. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To Apply Click here