We currently have an Activity Therapist position available in Glenkeen House.
To ensure the well being of all patient/residents by maintaining the six broad values, – privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- To organise and coordinate the activity programme in the care home, in conjunction with the nursing staff, and care staff.
- To take part in any associated training activities in order that you ascertain the skills and knowledge to carry out your role in an effective and safe manner.
- To identify the needs of all patient/residents individually through residence profiles, biographies, and care plans.
- To plan, organise and facilitate group activities.
- To provide occupational opportunities for individual patient/residents.
- To co-ordinate the provision of in-house amenities for example the confectionary trolleys, and the library.
- To plan organise social activities including entertainment and outings.
- To involve patient/residents relatives in the activity programme and attend relatives meetings as and when appropriate.
- To co-ordinate the provision of services from other organisations in the wider community.
- To establish and maintain links, and encourage involvement of the local community within the care home, for example, schools, religious and voluntary groups etc.
- To assist and support other care home staff and volunteers allocated to assist the activity programme.
- To ensure that attendance to both mandatory and required training courses are met in order that skills, knowledge and competency levels are maintained to carry out the role efficiently and effectively.
- To attend all staff meetings and staff supervision sessions as and when required.
- To comply with all job related policies, procedures, regulations, and rules ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the service user and colleagues.
- It is the individual and collective responsibility of every member of staff to ensure adherence to the company’s equal opportunities policies. Racial, sexual or any other harassment or bullying will not be tolerated.
- It is the responsibility of every member of staff to ensure compliance with health and safety at work legislation.
- It is the personal responsibility of all staff to act in accordance with the Nursing Home Standards and Regulations and Protection of Vulnerable Adults (Pova).
- To undertake any other duties, that may arise from time to time.
- Experience working with vulnerable adults
- English and Maths GCSE Grade A*-C (or equivalent)
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience using IT
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Hutchinson Homes values
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (or similar subject)
- Experience organising events
- Experience working as an Activity Therapist in a nursing/care home
To apply Click here